What’s Happening in Jerseyville?
• Sept. 6: Labor Day – No School
• Jersey County Home Community Education(JCE) will be holding their first Unity Meeting Tuesday Sept. 7 at 9 a.m. at the Jersey County Library. New members welcome.
• They will also hold a craft class on Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m. The craft will be an iris paper folding card butterfly. In order to reserve your card RSVP to Sandy at 618-466-3199. A potluck to follow but its is optional and the class is open to the public.
• Jersey Community Hospital Retirees’ luncheon will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 11:30 a.m. at D.J. Pub & Grill
What’s Happening at the Grafton Riverbeat?
• Aerie’s Winery & Terrace: Sept 3 Jonathan Baker 3-7pm. Sept 4 Paul Jarvis Duo 12-3pm/Hookie 3-7pm. Sept 5 Soulard Blues Band 1-5pm.
• Grafton Oyster Bar: Sept 4 Exit 52 7pm. Sept 5 Pussy Cat & the Swallowtails 2pm
• Grafton Winery: Sept 4 Ivas John Band 3-7pm. Sept 5 Billy Peek 2-6pm. Sept 6 TBD 2-6pm.
• The Loading Dock: Sept 3 NGK Band 6-10pm. Sept 4 The Truckers 6-10pm. Sept 5 Jorrells 3-7pm.
• The Hawg Pit: Sept 3 Steve Mellas 7-11pm. Sept 4 Fireside 2-6pm. Sept 5 Ledsled 2-6pm.
• Grafton Pub: Live Music every Taco Tuesday (weather permitting). Call 618-786-9463 for more info. Sept 3 Backwoods Burden 7-11pm. Sept 4 Boulderdash Duo 2-6pm/Ledsled 7-11pm. Sept 5 Jake Weber & the Lonesome Drifters 4-8pm
• Saturday, Sept. 11 at 8:30 a.m.: the City of Grafton and American Legion Post 648 will be holding a 9-11 ceremony by the large American Flag located on the Grafton riverfront honoring those who lost their lives 20 years ago. The JCHS band will perform and there will be guest speakers. There will be a Fish fry at the Grafton American Legion following the ceremony