If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
It is never too early to start planning for Christmas and the board of directors of Downtown Country Christmas is pulling out all the stops to ensure this holiday season is brighter than ever. This will be the seventh Annual Downtown Country Christmas Festival & the Bright Nights and the Kickoff for Bright Nights in Jerseyville runs from Saturday November 27th to Christmas. The Festivial runs seven days a week.
Get excited because the Historic City Center will be covered with lighted holiday displays, holiday windows in our local establishments, and sparkling lights down State Street. Rotary Park located on IL RTE 16, one block West of City Center, will be shimmering in classic white LEDS.
The Historic Jersey County Courthouse Lawn will also be decorated in splashes of color.
Don’t forget to drive through Dolan Park on the east side of town, it’s will be filled with over 150,000 lights, sponsored displays, lighted farm equipment, and our and the 22ft animated tree. People can drive by and vote for your favorite contestant in the Light up Your Home Competition and Light up Your Business Competition. Voting ends Wednesday Dec 15th. We will also have over 60 homes from last year that we recognized for their displays and there will be more to come in 2021.
All of these locations are easy to find with the Explore Jerseyville App, available on the app store or Google Play. Within the app you will find links to not only the Christmas Festival and Bright Nights, but also the new interactive City Map. Choose your subject matter and plan your visit. Festival fun, good eats, shopping and holiday lights in Jerseyville, IL. This is Family fun from the comfort of your car, and it is totally free to visit. Please follow us on Facebook @DCCFINC, Visit the website for all the details downtowncountrychristmas.com
Here are the list of events to be looking for:
Saturday, November 27
– 9:00am – Christmas Craft Bazaar – Hosted by Jersey County Catholic Youth Ministries (Vendors and Crafters)
– 12:00pm – Holiday Movie at the Stadium Theatre
– 1:00pm – Santa Arrives to Lions club Park
– 1:00-5:00pm – City Center Park – Kids Activities (Carnival games, inflatables, kids Entertainment, here’s to reading give-a-ways, so much more)
– 4:00pm – City Center Park – the St. Louis Muny Kids perform
– 5:00pm – Lighting of the City of Jerseyville Christmas Tree
– 5:15pm – Rudolph’s Red Nose Christmas Parade to Dolan Park
– 6:00pm – Lighting of the Bright Nights Tree (22ft animated tree with 5 songs & dancing lights to match)
Shows happen Friday-Sunday at 5 – 10 p.m. hourly
– 6:15-9:00 – the Musical stylings of Carl and Jim Magar under Pavilion 1
– 6:30-8:30 – S’mores around the Campfires in Dolan Park
There will be all day specials in the Businesses Small Business Saturday. Look to shop the 618 Retail Group and Local Restaurant Specials.