Camp Point Centrals’ size, speed and experience help beat Calhoun/Brussels(CHS) 56 to 21
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Experience in how a game is played usually has its favors and it’s unfortunate that sometimes no matter how you fight to win a team may lose even though they tried hard.
“Camp Point is one of the best teams in the state. They have size, experience and speed. We knew going in that we would have to play a perfect game in order to beat them,” Head Coach Aaron Elmore said.
Elmore mentioned that his team did some very good things throughout the game, Miles Lorton scored the opening touchdown from 11 yards out,and Hunter Roth had a 10-yard run for another score.
“It was 14-14 at half and they had several opportunities to stay in the game,” Elmore said.
“We just had too many turnovers and they took advantage of it. They started to wear us out as the game went on. Their size and depth were a factor.
“Overall our young team got better as the season went on. Playing and losing to 7 playoff teams was tough, but this group kept a great attitude and got better each week,” said Coach Elmore This was the Warriors last season game this past weekend.
Stats provided by Elmore and Assistant Coach Casey Longknecker
– 11:24 Cal . Miles Lorton 11 yd run (pass fail)
– 9:43 Camp. Sterling Stots 1 yd run ( nick Moore pass to Carter Eyler)
– 4:22 Cal. Hunter Roth 10 yd run (Lorton pass to Chris Stanley)
– 3:07 Camp. Issac Genebacher 45 yd run (run fail)
– 8:57 Camp. Sterling Stots 1 yd run (Moore pass to Eyler)
– 7:14 Camp. Sterling Stots 12 yd run (Stots run)
– 5:25 Camp. Keaton Dickhut 50 yd interception return (Garret Williams run)
– 4:17 Camp. Issac Gennebacher 13 yd reception from Moore (run failed)
– 4:44 Camp. Gavin Blewitt 1 yd run (run failed)
– 2:46 Camp. Conner Griffen 34 yd fumble recovery (run failed)
– 0:20 Cal. Chris Stanley 59 yd run (Jack Webster kick)
– Conner Longnecker 15 carries 40 yards
– Chris Stanley 16 carries 119 yards 1 tds and 1 two point conversion
– Hunter Roth 9 carries 35 yards 1 TD
– Miles Lorton 7 carries 40 yards 1 TD
– Chris Stanley 1 catch 12 yards
– Brody Caselton 2 catches 20 yards
– Miles Lorton 5 attempts 3 completion 42 yards
– Hunter Roth 1 attempts 0 completion
– Auggie Squier 5 solo tackles and 5 assists
– Brody Caselton 10 solo tackles, 5 assists and 1 int
– Hunter Roth 6 solo tackles and 3 assists
– Chris Stanley 6 solo tackles and 3 assists
– Bo Lorsbach 5 solo tackles and 4 assists