If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Please enter your email and we will send your username and password to you.
Applications are now being taken for health and wellness Scholarships offered by the Health and Wellness Foundation of Pike County (HWFPC) for the 2023/24 school year.
Six different scholarships in support of health professions are offered in an amount totaling $9,300 to Pike County students or residents.
All Scholarship applications, eligibility requirements, and funding guidelines can now be downloaded from the Foundation’s web site at www.hwfpc.org. Further information may also be obtained by contacting HWFPC at email@example.com. The deadline for submitting this years’ Scholarship applications is April 1, and recipients will be announced in April.
The following Scholarships serve those who are just graduating from high school, those already pursuing graduate and post-graduate degrees, as well as those currently in the workplace, and include:
• John S. Teuscher Health Occupation Scholarship: two $1,000 scholarships available to graduating Pike County Seniors toward an undergraduate degree in a health profession.
• Allan A. Seiler Fitness and Wellness Scholarship: one $300 scholarship available to a graduating Pike County senior toward an undergraduate degree in a fitness or wellness related profession.
• John S. Teuscher Continuing Education Scholarship: one $1,000 Scholarship is available to an individual already pursuing an undergraduate degree in a health field, and may be received for up to 3 successive years.
• Dr. James Grote Post Graduate Degree Scholarship: one $2,000 Scholarship available to a Pike County individual who is pursuing a masters/postgraduate degree in a health related profession, and may be received for up to 3 successive years.
• John S. Teuscher Workforce Retraining Scholarship: one $1,000 Scholarship is available to individuals who are currently in the workplace and who are seeking further education or supplementary training toward a health degree or para-health certificate.
• Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Scholarship: to offset tuition at John Wood Community College’s (JWCC) Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate program, four $750 scholarships are offered annually to Pike County residents.
Scholarships and grants provided by the Health and Wellness Foundation of Pike County are made possible in part by public donations. Through these contributions, HWFPC is able to expand the scope of awards and to positively impact more students. As a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) public charity solely dedicated to serving the health and wellness needs of Pike County, donations are fully tax deductible as allowable by law.
For more information on how to support the Foundation you can go to their web site at www.hwfpc.org, by calling the foundation office at 217-285-6080, or email the Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org.