Jerseyville kicking off city center celebration
If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Jerseyville’s historic city center is ready to show off its modern look with a weeklong celebration that begins on Friday with a ribbon cutting and dedication of City Center Park.
Planners call the city center one of the region’s hottest destinations, boasting everything from food and drinks to great places for the family. The 28 blocks offer history in abundance, walkability, boutiques, and numerous public spaces and parks to gather and play. There are also the many businesses that are the fabric of the area.
Community groups and businesses have banded together to provide great memories and celebrate the influx of visitors to the area.
“Downtown business is growing, and we are trying to create an atmosphere that is family-friendly,” Mayor Bill Russell said.
Trips can be planned with the City’s Tourism page.
City Center Week schedule:
• City Center Park Royal Banks Blood Drive Block Party in conjunction with the American Red Cross; 1-6 p.m.
• City of Jerseyville City Center Park dedication and ribbon cutting hosted by the Jerseyville Economic Development Council; 6 p.m.
• Lions Club Park Jerseyville Parks and Recreation 3 on 3 Street Hoops.
Aug. 23, Jerseyville Courthouse:
• Jersey County Historical Society and Jerseyville Public Library team up for an old-fashioned ice cream social and Juggling Jeff for the kids. Live music with Carl and Jim Mager under the gazebo.
• Jersey County Makers Fair, under the water tower– 5-8 p.m.
• Arts and Culture Day
• JCHS teams up with local hobbyists to celebrate artists from the community.
• JCBA Open Late – City Wide 6 p.m. – Jersey County.
• Movie in the Park, hosted by Stadium Theater
• Farmers Market– 4-7 p.m.
• Outrageous Outdoors Parking Lot 5-8 p.m.
• All day! – Shop the 618 event
Retailers have banded together to promote and highlight all that our shopping community has to offer.