If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
By WYVETTA DAVIS
BIRTHDAYS!!! ANNIVERSARIES!!! Check this weekly list, and make someone’s day by wishing them a Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary.
Nov. 17 — Marlee Bradshaw, Nov. 18 — Sophia Dwight, Nov. 19 — Berlyn Thomas, Timothy Blacketer, Nov. 20 — December Butler, Elizabeth Lipcamon, Kara Puterbaugh, Nicole Bedenbender, Nov. 21 — Jonathan Scott, Nov. 23 — Bobby Hutton.
Prayer Requests: Miracles to turn our government (state and federal) back to God, Healing answers for cancer, and the coronavirus to totally stop. And for these individuals: Anne Hopkins, Bonnie Prudoehl, Brian Bradshaw, Carl Blacketer, Charla Prior, Cheryl Rheynard, Erma Garner, George Whitlock Jr., Greg and Shari Ketterman, Ginger Whitlock, Heather Shafer, Helen Mays, Judy Meats, Jenny Fox, Jerry Gully, Josh Bennett, Judy Dockhorn, Justin Blacketer, Les Garner, Leonard and Sharon Dice, Lois Thomas, Mark York, Michael Miller, Mike Miller, Nic Carter, Pastor Gary Dice, Peggy Piper, Paul Wagner, Roger Straus, Roger Bonnett, Sharon Straus, and Sue Yackley.
Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom. Proverbs 13:10
The Detroit Christian Church hosted their annual Thanksgiving meal Saturday evening, Nov. 13, at the Pike County Senior Center in Pittsfield. The Mark and Becky Winner family did the main meal preparations with others in the congregation bringing in desserts. Nathan, Wess, and I were among the 89 people present, and we all enjoyed good food and great fellowship. Again, thank you, Mark and Becky, for inviting us.
Trivia Answers from Last Week:
1. Why is a dead man’s hand in poker, so called? (It is said to be the hand held by Wild Bill Hickok when he was shot in 1876)
2. What parable in the Bible teaches that being rich doesn’t automatically get you into heaven? (the rich man and Lazarus)
3. How many states were represented at the first Continental Congress? (twelve)
Trivia Questions for This Week:
1. Name the smallest independent state in the world.
2. In addition to Apostle Paul, what other preacher did Priscilla and Aquila work with, even teaching him the gospel?
3. Which is the cleanest animal?
ON THIS ROAD CALLED LIFE,
You have to take the good with the bad,
Smile with the sad,
Love what you got,
And remember what you had.
Always forgive, but never forget,
Learn from your mistakes, but never forget.
Things go wrong.
But just remember, the ride goes on. (Saw on Facebook)